BJC 19, Bodmin, 2006
BJC # 19 20-23.04.2006
The Dragon Leisure Centre
Previous official website url
A mini laser-cut metal surfboard.
Designed by Andy Vass
Pre-reg: Adults £50, Children (11-15) £25.
On door: Adults £60, Children (11-15) £30.
Day tickets: Adults £25, Children (11-15) £12
Public Show Tickets: Adults £10, Children (Under 16) £8
The public show was called "Gravitate" and was held in the Regal Cinema, Redruth.
Ryo Yabe (headline act - diabolo);
Volker Maria Maier (devilstick);
Beyond the Bounce;
Light balls - Marco Paoletti;
Freehand Juggling (Owen Reynolds & Howie Bailey)(glo clubs);
Luke Burrage & Pola;
Open Stage and Juggle Jam were held in the Swamp tent
BYJOTY 2006 Awards:
Hosted by The Void, in front of Bodmin Town Hall.
- Beginners club passing - Charlie Hull
- Beginners devil stick - Luke Browne
- 3 balls blind behind the back (BBB) - Paul Taylor (Jugglingeek)
- Performing for hobbyists - Matt Hall
- 1 Diabolo vertax - Matt Hall
- Devilstick handstick release tricks - Luke Browne
- Whip cracking (beginners & advanced) - Peter Gamble
- Compèring - Luke Burrage
- Beginners Sharing and Stealing - Mini Mansell & Mamphy
- Takeouts in Club passing - Jason Perry
- Teaching circus skills to kids: Ideas/trick swap - Mini Mansell
- Pirouettes (360s) - basic pirouette technique - Norbi
- Nail in the nose - Martin Millard
- First tricks with clubs - Graham Benson
- Zen Wrestling - David L-H
- Beginners bar flair - David L-H
- Yoga - Dr Stephanie
- Beginners and Advanced Plate Manipulation - Nigel Roder
- Playing Card Memorisation - Guy G
- Kendama - Matt Hall
- Street Show Performing - Mario Morris
- Parachute and games for kids and adults - Ali Oops
- Cigar boxes - Matt Hall
- 4 ball tricks - Matt Hall
- 5 ball tricks - Matt Hall
- Techniques for juggling 7 balls (aimed at people who have achieved 14 to 100 throws) - Tiff
- Bridge - Ben Beever
- Multiplexing in numbers juggling - Ben Beever
- Risk assessment for Workshops and Performances - Peter Gamble
- Painless ring juggling - Luke Burrage
- 4 clubs: beyond the fountain - Jason Perry
- Hacky sack - Andy Parry
- Intermediate 3 club juggling - Jon Udry
- Hat manipulation for advanced players - Dan the Hat
- Hat manipulation for beginners - Mike Armstrong
- Fire performance: good practice & special conditions for new Equity PLI - Paul Antonelli
- Balloon modeling - Russell Wells
- Combination tricks - Aaron Gregg
- String tricks (trick swap and workshop) - Mini Mansell
- Intro to Backgammon: essential basics - Mini Mansell
- Rola-bola: beginners and trickswap - Mini Mansell
- Ball on parasol - Nigel and Mike
- Ball multiplexing - beginner to advanced, grips and techniques - Daniel Marden
- Basic to intermediate corde-lisse - Steve Ryan
- Devilstick handstick release tricks (Advanced) - Luke Browne
- Snakeboard - Martin Millard
- Double Staff workshop (intermediate) - Paul Antonelli
- Poi spinning, intermediate trick swap - Lynx
- Intermediate club passing - oldskool type throwing tricks - Derby Andys
- Get started with 5 club tricks - Niels Duinker
- Make and play your own didgeridoo - Mick Brazil
- 2 diabolos - Ryo Yabe
- 2/3 diabolos - Ryo Yabe & Matt Hall
- Injury/first aid/recovery (aimed at trapezers, acro-balancers and unicyclists) - Physiomonkey
- Control/Stability (...for backs, necks & shoulders; improve control & avoid problems) - Physiomonkey
- Massage (stiff necks aching shoulders and arms) - Barb Lewis
- Hand stand and acrobalance - Brett Swamp
- Club multiplex tricks.(intermediate-advanced jugglers, 3 - 6 clubs) - Philipp Vermehren
- 3 Club backcrosses - beginner/int. B/Cs in single, doubles, & triples - Martin Richards
- Advanced Devilstick: Trickswap - Adam Ferreira
- Body Contact Devilstick (Intermediate-Advanced) - Adam Ferreira
- Creating Sudoku puzzles - Aidan Burns
- 4 person passing patterns - Tudor and friends
- 2 Diabolo Complete beginners - David L-H
- Stand up comedy for beginners - David L-H
Kaskade magazine issue 83 page 8 by Luke Burrage.
Howie Bailey produced a DVD.
Notes and other details
On site there was:
Swamp tent - where the Renegade, BYJOTY, Juggle Jam and Open Stage took place.
Food tent - where burgers (including the Bodmin Beast), and hot pasties were served.
Beer Tent - With a stage and a large seating area and a bar.
Swimming pool - that was available for use for an hour on Friday (6pm-7pm) and Sunday (6pm-7pm)
Was also known as BJC Kernow, Kernow being the Cornish word for Cornwall (the county Bodmin is in).
Budget and costs
Site cost £4000.
There are no details yet available for their income or expenses.